In episode 10 I really wanted to offer my listeners someone who had turned their passion into a profession, but who also had a solid track record supporting organisations and leaders in addressing racial inequality.
My guest Dr Eden Charles has 30+ years experience which includes going beyond surface level initiatives with organisations and more towards radical changes that effectively tackles inequality systemically and holistically.
Dr Eden is known for the co-creation of the largest BAME leadership development programme in the UK. A positive action intervention that supports the NHS to develop more inclusive leaders at all levels.
Topics discussed Include:
- Outside the box approaches to recruitment and inclusive cultures in organisations
- The Black Lives Matter movement and what companies can learn
- The need for new approaches that tackle social challenges in organisation
- His lessons and tips for a fulfilling and successful career
- The impact of clumsy communication on positive action initiatives
- Quarterly capitalism and the consequences of inequality on the economy
- Going beyond the open door, the importance of re-imagining
- How he supports board members, leaders and HR Directors
- Working with the NHS and developing inclusive leaders
- British history, colonialism and the impact today on western society
Listen to more episodes of Passions N Professions on your favourite podcast platform: listen here